Food Truck Fundraiser
To Benefit the Northwestern Lehigh Veterans Memorial Click the date!
Memorial Day, May 30, 2022 was a beautiful sunny day for a very moving ceremony to dedicate the Northwestern Lehigh Veterans Memorial.
- Attended by an estimated 1500 people of all ages including local veterans in uniform and military attire.
- A patriotic and informative dedication program featuring active and retired military speakers culminated with a wreath Laying by Committee Veterans.
- Firefighting apparatus and First Responders from our four local Fire Companies.
- Musical selections by our Northwestern Lehigh Elementary and High School students.
- Boy Scouts raised the memorial’s American Flag and Girl Scouts distributed programs and free Ice Cream.
- Free Hot Dogs provided by Weiss Markets and prepared by Lynnport Fire Company.
- Motorcycle Riders parade and Honor Guard.
- View TV coverage of entire dedication program »
- Morning Call article by Paul Muschick »
Commemorative Coins are still available for purchase to offset Memorial expensesContact Justine Bachman 610-760-1175 Either coin can be purchased for $20 each The original Commemorative coin Copper coin (.999 purity) commemorating the May 30, 2022 Dedication
Your contributions will help our efforts to provide such a worthy memorial to our Veterans. Please make a donation.
Name the Eagle Contest
A very successful “Name the Eagle” contest was just completed to choose a name for the Eagle mounted at the entrance to the memorial. Third, fourth and fifth graders at Weisenberg and Northwestern elementary schools submitted eight-one names for the eagle. They were asked to research ideas, with their parents and teachers, for names that have a connection with military, history and patriotism.
The winning name, chosen by the Memorial Committee members is “FREEDOM” submitted by Harper Slaski (5th grade Northwestern) and Mrs. O’Niel’s 3rd grade class (Weisenberg). Please see the attached document for second and third place winners and their names. This turned out to be a very successful and well received event that connected our elementary students, teachers and parents to this community project. The energy and excitement from the students was a joy to see.