- This event has passed.
Veterans Memorial Committee Meeting
March 24, 2020
Meeting Minutes – March 24, 2020
Present: Justine Bachman, Richard Bleiler, Donald Christ, Willard Dellicker, Harry Haas, Eugene Handwerk, Harold Handwerk, David Keller, William Mantz, Nancy Zellner, Chris Brown
NOTE: These minutes were re-created by Secretary W. Dellicker in July 2020 after realizing the minutes for the March meeting were not recorded after that meeting.
Donald Christ called the meeting to order 7:00 PM at the Lynn Township Office and presided over discussions of the following topics:
- MINUTES: The February 18, 2020 Minutes were accepted as written.
- TREASURER’S REPORT: The bank statement ending 2/18/20 for the Memorial account at New Tripoli National Bank shows a current balance is $21,628.94.
- WEBSITE: https://nwlehighvetsmemorial.org.
The committee unanimously suggested that all of our Townships should put a link to the NWLVM website on the Township websites. This should be done through each of the Township representatives. The NWL School District will post our website under the COMMUNITY tab on the district’s website home page.
- EVENTS AND ACTIVITIES:
- March 2 – Don Christ and Bill Dellicker met with Nancy Zellner to discuss putting Veteran’s names on our website. Nancy will send the file to Wayne Kessler.
- March 10 – Don Christ, Harold Handwerk and W Dellicker met with Chris Brown to stake out a location for the Lynn Township WWII Memoreal relocation.
- March 10 – D. Christ, W. Dellicker and Dave Keller met at Chaiman Christ’s house to develop a format for the Donor/Sponsor Recognition.
- March 16 – Don Christ and W Dellicker met with Faye Faulk to distribute information to all of our local churches.
- PUBLIC RELATIONS: Glenn Eckhart’s “Making a Difference” radio show. Donald and Bill D. did a program with Glenn Eckhart on February 19,2020 to be aired on WGPA-AM 1100 radio station. The segment lasted for about 30 min. described the memorial, donations and how to be included for residents of the four NWLSD Townships. It can be heard on-line wgpasunny1100.com.
The committee discussed different levels of donor recognition and how to make this part of the physical memorial. Dave Keller presented a chart noting different donor amounts and how they could be recognized in the dedication booklet and on the memorial design.
A copy of the proposed donor recognition will be attached to the minutes for committee members to review for future discussion and final approval at a later meeting.
Dave also presented an analysis of Palmerton’s donors that were included in their dedication booklet.
- NEXT MEETING: TBA