- This event has passed.
Veterans Memorial Committee Meeting
May 4, 2022
Northwestern Lehigh Veterans Memorial Committee
7911 Kings Highway New Tripoli, PA 18066
Meeting Minutes – May 4, 2022
Present: Justine Bachman, Steve Bachman, Richard Bleiler, Chris Brown, Donald Christ, Willard Dellicker, Harold Haas, Eugene Handwerk, Harold Handwerk, Ron Jerdon, David Keller, William Mantz, Nancy Zellner
Donald Christ called the meeting to order 5:30 in the pavilion at Ontelaunee Park.
- 1. MINUTES: The REVISED April 18, 2022 Minutes were accepted as written.
- 2. TREASURER’S REPORT: Balance in the Memorial Account is $153,634 as of May 4, 2022. Motion to accept the report by H. Haas, 2nd by W. Mantz, approved by all.
- WEBSITE: https://nwlehighvetsmemorial.org.
- The Audio Tour is now access able on the website.
- DISCUSSION ITEMS RELATED TO THE DEDICATION PROGRAM:
- Copper coins have been delivered. The inventory of both the copper coins and the original colored coins were given to Justine and Steve Bachman to sell at the dedication.
- Audio Tour and QR Code on the kiosk message are complete and at the printer.
- Advertising for the Dedication Ceremony:
- Bill D will ask the school to post on their marquis
- Don will ask Townships to advertise on mailings and websites.
- Don and Bill will ask NWPress for coverage, include a flier.
- Justine will ask Blue Ridge Cable to advertise
- David reported that NT Bank did include the dedication in their flier.
- Maps for dedication day were viewed and discussed. Updated maps are attached.
- Rehearsal is needed for all participants in the dedication ceremony
- Bill D will contact the school music teachers to coordinate sound requirements and student assembly areas. Number of a cappella singers.
- Bill D will rehearse flag raising with Boy Scouts.
- Wreath laying will be done by Mantz, Haas, Bachman and E. Handwerk the day before the dedication on Sunday, May 29 at 1:00.
- All speakers shall email their remarks to Dave to be collated in a binder on the podium.
- Bill will coordinate sound system with Marty Bennecoff.
- Hot dogs were ordered from Weis Markets by Don $0.80 ea. Lynnport Fire Co. will cook and serve.
- Ice Cream bars, $1.20 ea. And two freezers with 300 bars ea. were approved to be ordered.
- Girl Scouts will hand out Ice Cream and Dedication Programs
- Water still needs a supplier.
- Bill Mantz will put the trailer and steps in place on Sunday May 29.
- All committee members participating in the dedication ceremony should be at the Park by 9:00 AM.
- Bill D will make name tags for Committee Members, anyone with plastic badge holders should bring them to the next meeting for the name tags
- CONSTRUCTION PROGRESS – Ron Jerdon:
- Question was asked about applying sealer to the granite. Both Chris Brown and Bill Wenz said sealer would not be a good idea in the long term for granite color and durability. Wenz has materials to use for graffiti if needed. Sealer may discolor the granite over time
- Grading and additional Top Soil is complete.
- All granite components have been installed and caulking is complete and granite was pressure washed.
- Eagle and kiosk will be installed on May 5.
- Bollard concrete has been stained to match granite pavers.
- Anchor Fence will be replacing about half of the fence, repairing the installation problems.
- River rock and mulch were added to freshen up the installation.
- Ron will notify all of our contractors about the memorial Dedication and invite them
- Question about when security cameras will be installed. Twp has not yet decided on
scope or supplier. This needs to be done asap to deter vandalism.
- Don will ask the Township Supervisors if insurance coverage for the Memorial can be
- SOUVENIR BOOKLET AND DEDICATION – Dave Keller:
- Souvenir Booklet and Dedication Program are currently in-print.
- 14 booklets need to be mailed to donors.
- 99 booklets will be hand delivered by committee members.
- Dave has a personalized cover letter to accompany the booklets for donors.
- There are two inserts for the booklets that will have Veteran’s Names submitted after engraving began and donors who made contributions after printing.
- Dave composed a personalized letter to booklet recipients thanking them for their donation.
- All speakers for the dedication program were asked to provide a text of their presentation to be included in a Scripted Folder for the speaker’s podium.
- ADJOURN: meeting adjourned at 6:18PM by H. Haas, H. Handwerk 2nd.
- NEXT MEETING: Wednesday, May 18, 5:30PM, Ontelaunee Park pavilion.