- This event has passed.
Veterans Memorial Committee Meeting
May 18, 2022 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Northwestern Lehigh Veterans Memorial Committee
7911 Kings Highway New Tripoli, PA 18066
Meeting Minutes – May 18, 2022
Present: Justine Bachman, Steve Bachman, Donald Christ, Willard Dellicker, Eugene Handwerk, Harold Handwerk, David Keller, William Mantz, Nancy Zellner
Donald Christ called the meeting to order 5:30 in the pavilion at Ontelaunee Park.
- 1. MINUTES: The May 4, 2022 Minutes were accepted as written.
- 2. TREASURER’S REPORT: The finances are being reconciled as donations and bills are in being processed.
- WEBSITE: https://nwlehighvetsmemorial.org.
- The Audio Tour is now access able on the website.
- Justine will post it on Facebook.
- DISCUSSION ITEMS RELATED TO THE DEDICATION PROGRAM:
- The committee needs to develop a policy to add names to the granite panels in the future. There are 17 names that were missed on the initial engraving for the dedication and 14 names that need to be validated for years of service.
- It was suggested that costs be identified and the best time of year to schedule added names.
- Ideas were to add the existing list of names prior to Veterans Day 2022 and have a fundraising ceremony to announce the new names.
- It was suggested that each Township be approached to cover the cost to add names of veterans from their Township.
- We should mention that names can be added at the dedication.
- Dedication Ceremony:
- The NWL High School marquis is posting the Memorial Day dedication.
- Working with the NWPress to get a community service announcement at no cost.
- Ontelaunee Park marquis has the dedication posted
- Justine asked Ch 69 and Ch 13 advertise the dedication
- David reported that NT Bank did include the dedication in their flier.
- Maps for dedication day were viewed and discussed. Updated maps are attached.
- Justine will contact the school music teachers to coordinate student assembly areas.
- Bill D will rehearse flag raising with Boy Scouts.
- Wreath laying will be done by Mantz, Haas, Bachman and E. Handwerk the day before the dedication on Sunday, May 29 at 1:00.
- All speakers shall email their remarks to Dave to be collated in a binder on the podium.
- Bill D. will coordinate sound system with Marty Bennecoff.
- Hot dogs were ordered from Weis Markets by Don $0.80 ea. Lynnport Fire Co. will cook and serve in the pavilion.
- Ice Cream bars, $1.20 ea. And two freezers with 300 bars ea. were approved to be ordered.
- Girl Scouts will hand out Ice Cream in the pavilion and Dedication Programs before the ceremony.
- Water still needs a supplier.
- Bill Mantz will put the trailer and steps in place on Sunday May 29.
- Don and Bill will rope off grass to keep people out.
- Chairs from NTFC; 60 are needed plus three tables
- Signs are needed for: COINS, DISABLED SEATING, COMMITTEE SEATING, SOUVENIR BOOKLETS
All committee members participating in the dedication ceremony should be at the Park by 9:00 AM.
- SOUVENIR BOOKLET AND DEDICATION – Dave Keller:
- There are two inserts for the booklets that will have Veteran’s Names submitted after engraving began and donors who made contributions after printing.
- All speakers for the dedication program were asked to provide a text of their presentation to be included in a Scripted Folder for the speaker’s podium.
- ADJOURN: meeting adjourned at 6:28PM by D. Keller, 2nd S. Bachman
- NEXT MEETING TO BE ANNOUNCED