- This event has passed.
Veterans Memorial Committee Meeting
August 19, 2022 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Northwestern Lehigh Veterans Memorial Committee
7911 Kings Highway New Tripoli, PA 18066
Meeting Minutes – August 19, 2022
Present: Justine Bachman, Steve Bachman, Donald Christ, Willard Dellicker, Eugene Handwerk, Harold Handwerk, Ron Jerdon, David Keller, Bill Mantz, Nancy Zellner
Donald Christ called the meeting to order 6:00 at the Bachman’s residence. Thank you to the Bachmans for their hospitality, pizza and other goodies.
- July 30, 2022 Minutes (REVISED) accepted.
- Motion by E Handwerk, 2nd Handwerk
- 2. TREASURER’S REPORT:
- The Memorial Account Balance as of August 16, 2022 is $23,584.30
- The invoice for the granite pavers, not yet received, is $18,378. This is the final outstanding invoice for the memorial construction.
- Motion to accept: S. Bachman, 2nd Handwerk
- WEBSITE: https://nwlehighvetsmemorial.org.
- Site is up-to-date with pictures from the dedication and construction.
- Bachman suggested adding a page to solicit on-going donations to cover the perpetual maintenance costs of the memorial going forward.
- Bachman and B. Dellicker will design a page for the website.
- NEW NAMES FOR ENGRAVING:
- Approximately 95 new names of veterans have been submitted since the dedication.
- Each new name will cost $250 to engrave on-site.
- Christ approached Weisenberg and Lowhill to each consider committing $2,000 per year to cover on-going maintenance costs and engraving new names.
- Christ suggested providing each Township with a nice, framed picture of the memorial for display in their offices. Committee consensus was a great idea to connect the Townships with the memorial project.
- DISCUSSION ITEMS:
- The Drive-Thru-Event planned for Veterans Day November 11, 2022 will be from 3PM to 6PM. Dave and Bill will bring tents, Don chairs. Coins will be available for purchase and Dave will order 25 Souvenir Booklets to be sold. Food Trucks were also discussed.
- Ron will contact his friends to plan a 5K Run/Walk event next spring.
- Don suggested a $20 raffle Ticket for the 2023 Memorial Day Event.
- Steve Bachman will contact 8 Oaks to sponsor an event.
- Don Spoke to Justin Smith about sponsoring an event at the Olde Homestead Golf Club.
- Next meeting, we should begin planning for a Memorial Day Program.
- Don reported that Lynn Township ordered security cameras, delivery is delayed for supply chin reasons.
- NEXT MEETING:
- September 23, 2022, 6:00PM at the Lynn Twp Office
- Meeting adjourned at 7:56PM, Motion by S Bachman, 2nd E Handwerk