- This event has passed.
Veterans Memorial Committee Meeting
October 14, 2022
Northwestern Lehigh Veterans Memorial Committee
7911 Kings Highway New Tripoli, PA 18066
Meeting Minutes – October 14, 2022
Present: Justine Bachman, Richard Bleiler, Donald Christ, Willard Dellicker, Harold Handwerk, David Keller, Bill Mantz, Nancy Zellner
Donald Christ called the meeting to order 6:00 at the Lynn Twp. office.
- August 19, 2022 Minutes – motion to accept D. Keller, 2nd Mantz approved by all
- 2. TREASURER’S REPORT:
- The Memorial Account Balance as of October 13, 2022 is $29,358.80
- The final invoice for the memorial construction (the granite pavers) $18,378 will be submitted on October 18, 2022.
- Motion to accept: D. Keller, 2nd Bachman approved by all
- WEBSITE: https://nwlehighvetsmemorial.org.
- Site is up-to-date with pictures from the dedication and construction.
- An announcement will be placed on the site for Veterans Day Food Truck Fundraiser
- NEW NAMES FOR ENGRAVING:
- 101 new names of veterans have been submitted since the dedication. Nancy and Bill are laying out the placement of names on the panels. We have open spaces for this
- Each new name will cost $250 to engrave on-site. December 31 of every year will be the deadline for receiving names for engraving in the following spring.
- Christ received positive approval from all four Townships to budget $2,000 annually for ongoing memorial maintenance and engraving new names.
- DISCUSSION ITEMS:
- The Food Truck Event planned for Veterans Day November 11, 2022 will be from 2PM to 7PM. Dave will bring a tent, Don chairs. Coins will be available for purchase. Food Trucks will be The Good Egg, The Donut Lab and Cousins Maine Lobster
- Bill D. will put a flier in the NWPress for the Veterans Day event and send an article to Anna Gilgoff for the Press.
- Don is working with Justin Smith for an event at the Olde Homestead Golf Club.
- Ron is working with friends for a 5K/10K run/walk.
- It was the consensus of the committee to drop plans for a wine festival in the Park.
- Five souvenir booklets will be given to the Historical Societies on consignment.
- The sermon at UCC Lynnville, 9:30, November 13 will discuss the NWL Vets Memorial
- NEXT MEETING:
- September 23, 2022, 6:00PM at the Lynn Twp Office
- Meeting adjourned at 7:00PM, Motion by W. Mantz, 2nd Handwerk