- This event has passed.
Veterans Memorial Committee Meeting
Northwestern Lehigh Veterans Memorial Committee
7911 Kings Highway New Tripoli, PA 18066
Meeting Minutes – February 25, 2023
Present: Donald Christ, Willard Dellicker, Eugene Handwerk, Harold Handwerk, Ron Jerdon, David Keller, William Mantz, Nancy Zellner.
Donald Christ called the meeting to order 10:00 AM at the Lynn Twp. Office.
- ELECTION OF OFFICERS: A motion by D. Keller to re-elect the current officers was seconded by E. Handwerk, approved by all.
- 2. TREASURER’S REPORT:
- A Treasurers report was not available. The Memorial Account Balance as of February 3, 2023 is $37,008.53.
- Womer was paid $5,000 for downpayment to engrave names.
- 8 Oaks pledged a $5,000 donation, $1,000/mo. for the next five months.
- February 4, 2023 minutes were approved. Motion by D. Keller, 2nd by H. Handwerk
- The website maintenance contract with Kessler- Feedman, Inc. for $825 was renewed this month.
- The 100 new names will be added to the alphabetic master list of all veterans. This updated list will be formatted to include veterans’ service information and posted on the website.
- The “Welcome” message on the kiosk will be modified to include a second QR code that can connect users to the list of veterans mentioned above, from the memorial site.
- Kessler will be asked if the number of QR “hits” from the kiosk can be retrieved.
- Womer was paid $5,000 for a down payment to engrave the 100 new names.
- Memorial Day program draft was presented by D. Keller and discussed.
- A Coast Guard Veteran will be added as speaker to have a representative from all five services.
- Christ will arrange for a sound system.
- Mantz will set up a trailer for the stage.
- Justine Bachman is arranging Food Trucks.
- Keller will seek a bugler for TAPS.
- Dellicker will bring a draft flier advertising the Memorial Day Program to the next meeting.
- A Memorial Picture for the Township offices is being investigated.
- Zellner will continue to collect obituaries of veterans to be added to the memorial after family approval.
- NEXT MEETING:
- March 18, 2023, 10:00AM at the Lynn Twp Office
- ADJOURN: 10:50AM, E Handwerk motion, H. Handwerk 2nd.