- This event has passed.
Veterans Memorial Committee Meeting
Northwestern Lehigh Veterans Memorial Committee
7911 Kings Highway New Tripoli, PA 18066
Meeting Minutes – February 4, 2023
Present: Justine Bachman, Steve Bachman, Richard Bleiler, Donald Christ, Willard Dellicker, Harry Haas, Harold Handwerk, David Keller, Bill Mantz.
Donald Christ called the meeting to order 10:20 AM at the Lynn Twp. Office, after an on-site meeting at the memorial.
- The committee met with Mat Watson at the memorial site to examine the sample engraving done by Womer on a granite paver left over from the project. Mat Watson is proposing to sandblast the 100 new names at a cost of $100/name in time for our Memorial Day program.
- 2. TREASURER’S REPORT:
- The Memorial Account Balance as of February 3, 2023 is $37,008.53. All of the project expenses have been paid to date.
- DISCUSSION – PANEL ENGRAVING:
- A round-table discussion ensued with all committee members regarding the engraving sample from Womer and his ability to provide the quality we want to retain the aesthetics and quality of the memorial.
- A summary of opinions included the following:
- Using public money used for memorial costs require us to use the lowest cost services.
- Ebenezer Cemetery Association is satisfied with Womer’s quality.
- We need a contract to cover engraving specifications and liability for any quality issues that may occur during the engraving process.
- Womer needs to submit all insurance documentation with his proposal to the Township as all other contractors did during construction.
- If Womer is used we would have two potential sources for future engravings.
- Money (cost) is the primary issue in the decision to choose an engraver.
- A motion to contract Womer for the engraving was made by J. Bachman, second by W. Mantz, approved by all.
- NEW BUSINESS:
- KIOSK – A discussion was held about making more information available from the kiosk about veterans’ service. The information that we received from veteran’s applications will be made available through the website and possibly adding a second QR code on the kiosk that would link smart phones to the list of Veterans and their experiences.
- MEMORIAL PICTURE – The committee would like to present the four Townships with a framed picture of the memorial with small construction pictures around the border.
- Christ is meeting with Chris Brown on Feb 20, 9AM to discuss Firefighter memorial and expansion ideas for the veteran’s memorial.
- NEXT MEETING:
- February 25, 2023 at the Lynn Twp Office