- This event has passed.
Veterans Memorial Committee Meeting
April 22 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 am
Meeting Minutes – April 22, 2023
Present: Steve Bachman, Donald Christ, Willard Dellicker, Harold Handwerk, David Keller, Nancy Zellner.
- Donald Christ called the meeting to order 9:00 AM at the Lynn Twp. Office.
- 1. TREASURER’S REPORT:
- A Treasurers report was not available. The Memorial Account Balance as of February 3, 2023 is $37,008.53.
- March 18, 2023 minutes were approved by consensus.
- Updates made last month were reviewed. It was suggested that the alphabetical list of names on the website have the panel number of the granite memorial where they can located. Nancy will work on this project this summer.
- MEMORIAL DAY DISCUSSION AND ASSIGNMENTS:
- The Memorial Day Program was reviewed. The following shows open items:
- Bio for the Coast Guard speaker. Expect info on Monday 4/24.
- Sound system has been arranged,
- Table for information tent,
- Fire Police, Porta-Potties,
- Boy Scout flag raisers.
- Pastors for the Invocation and Benediction are set up. Pastor Stan Newton, CDR, USN Ret. Naval Academy Graduate and 26-yr. Navy Submariner will give Benediction. He is the new Sr. Pastor at Jacobs Church. Will Dellicker, Army National Guard Infantry will give the Invocation, Will is the youth minister at Jacobs Church.
- The NWL High School will have a chorus to sing the National Anthem and God Bless America, the music teacher will play TAPS.
- The flier the Memorial Day Program was sent to the NWPress to be inserted with the May 12th
- An attachment with the flier was sent with these minutes,
- Please print copies and post them in churches, and business in our area.
- Mantz: set up a trailer for the stage.
- Bachman: Food Trucks, staff information tent.
- Bachman: Military vehicles for static display.
- Need to finalize the program booklet for printing by May 1.
- 500 copies will be ordered.
- Need all speaker’s bios prior to April 28 for the program.
- Still need bios for Chad Butters, Sara Smith and Coast Guard speaker.
- Program Update:
- Bill Dellicker will introduce the five speakers.
- Dave Keller will recognize the addition of 100 new names and speak about future intent to add veterans’ names on the memorial.
- IMPORTANT TARGET DATES:
NLT April 28 – Submit short biographies for speakers to Dave.
NLT May 1 – Provide the final program document to printer.
NLT May 24 – Copy of remarks and speeches from all program participants.
- A new kiosk message was printed by MasterCraft Printing. They did the printing at NO COST, as they did for the message they provided last year.
- Most all of the new engraving is complete. Remaining engraving to be done include 18 WW-II Names and the WAR ON TERRORISM, 2001- on panel #22. All of the new engraving looks very nice! Completion and clean-up will be done well before Memorial Day.
- Chris Brown created a new design concept for the committee to review for expansion of granite panels in the future. The link to the image is:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5r4avzj9yvekwh3/AAA11SQigvj1mmEut2rI_nN_a?dl=0 The concept includes a stone wall constructed in place of the metal fence around the back perimeter of the memorial. The idea was well received by the committee. It was suggested that we contract Chris to develop bid specifications for the work and get some cost estimates so the expansion is ready to go when needed. The committee believes we are OK for another 2-3 years be for more room for engraving is required. This would set up plans for the future of the memorial many years forward.
- NEXT MEETING:
- May 13, 2023, 6:00PM at the Bachman’s home, spouses are encouraged to attend.
- 9:50AM, N. Zellner motion, S. Bachman 2nd.