- This event has passed.
Veterans Memorial Committee Meeting
July 29 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 am
Meeting Minutes – July 29, 2023
Present: Justine Bachman, Steve Bachman, Donald Christ, Willard Dellicker, Ron Jerdon, David Keller, Bill Mantz, Nancy Zellner.
- Donald Christ called the meeting to order 9:00 AM at the Lynn Twp. Office.
- 1. TREASURER’S REPORT:
- The Memorial Account Balance as of July 28, 2023 is $15,042.94. Motion to accept S. Bachman, 2nd Mantz
- Website is up-to-date. The Memorial Day Program recorded on YouTube by Jim Ritter will be posted on the home page.
- At the next meeting Mr. Ritter will present the committee with a copy of the Memorial Day Program that was created for his TV show. https://youtube.com/@outandaboutwiththeritters8377
- New Names: Nancy reported 12 new names to be added to the memorial. 5-Vietnam, 2-Gulf War, 1-Korea, 3-WW-II, 1-War on Terror.
- Veterans Day 2023 plans –
- Saturday November 11, Time 11AM – 4PM
- Justine currently has 3 food trucks interested, The Nesting Box and Up in Smoke confirmed.
- Chris Noll said he will provide entertainment again, Steve will confirm.
- Don will approach 8 Oaks for two bottles of Veterans Cut Bourbon for a raffle.
- Advertisement – Justine on social media, Bill D will make a flier for the NWPress.
- Future Fund Raising – The committee consensus was that we should approach fundraising with a purpose or theme to raise money.
We should use the new design for future expansion of the memorial site that will accommodate names well into the future as a fundraising purpose.
Chris Brown created a new design concept for expansion of granite panels in the future.
Link to the design image: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5r4avzj9yvekwh3/AAA11SQigvj1mmEut2rI_nN_a?dl=0
The concept includes a stone wall constructed in place of the metal fence around the back perimeter of the memorial capped with granite panels for engraving new names.
The idea was well received by the committee. It was suggested that we contract Chris to develop bid specifications for the work.
Ron offered to calculate an estimated cost for the new design to give us a fundraising goal.
- Security Cameras – have been added to the park including coverage of the memorial site. Justin Smith is open to expanding the scope of the camera use to include connection with Penn TeleData so cameras could be viewed remotely.
- Ron Suggested we create a communication that could be sent to businesses asking that the NWL Vets Memorial be considered for a year-end-tax-exempt contribution.
- Ed Sawyer has resigned from the Township Maintenance Staff. The committee recommended that a letter be sent to Ed, thanking him for the excellent care he has provided for the memorial as part of his park maintenance duties for the past several years.
- NEXT MEETING:
- August 18, 6PM at the Eight Oaks Farm Distillery in recognition of their continued support.
- 9:45 AM, S Bachman motion, Dave Keller 2nd.